Help with gambling problems
Help with Gambling Problems
Useful resources for players who face gambling problems, including treatments and prevention. These organizations provide support through telephone, online chat and personal counseling for those who seek solving their gambling problems.
- National Council on Problem Gambling – Disseminates information about problem and pathological (compulsive) gambling. Also, promotes the development of services for those with the disorder.
- Gamblers Anonymous USA – Contains information about the fellowship support group and its programs for compulsive gamblers.
- National Center for Responsible Gaming – Funding scientific research on problem and underage gambling.
- Responsible Gambling Council – Assists people who experience hardship as a result of problem and compulsive gambling with education, treatment, research, and prevention.
- British Columbia Partnership for Responsible Gambling – Problem gambling counselling is delivered free of charge across the province by telephone or in person.
- Canadian Partnership for Responsible Gambling – Does research to find and promote effective ways to reduce the risk of problem gambling. Also, provides lists for treatment centers and helpline telephone numbers in Canada.
- GamCare – Offers a telephone and internet chat help line for people with gambling problems.
- Gamblers Anonymous UK – Provides information about a fellowship of men and women who have joined together to do something about their own gambling problem.
- Gamble Aware – Facts and information about sensible gambling.
- Problem Gambling – Victorian Government site with gambling addiction information and advice. Includes gambling research data.
- Gamblers Anonymous Australia – Gamblers Anonymous Regional Service Office. Meetings list, phone numbers, questions and answers. Personal stories.
- Gamblers Anonymous Ireland – GA Ireland resources. Phone numbers, meetings list, personal stories, 20 question quiz to help you determine if you have a gambling problem.
- Problem Gambling Foundation of New Zealand – Free and confidential counselling service to any person struggling with the problem of gambling and their families.